Thursday, July 17, 2014

Neither Thicket Nor Path

For some years now, one of my driving mottos, if you were, has been “Lost in a thicket bare-foot upon a thorned path.” In fact, this was why way back in the day I named this blog “Thicket of a Witch.” The whole point of the blog has been to explore my Craft—as it is. I have just let y’all peek through the window a bit. Understandably, I have always kept much of the inner working of my Craft, much of which is oath-bound based or extremely personal, just beyond view.

This phrase used to blossom in my mind as the rudder of what I do. It was an axil in the center of my Arte. Today though, it did not. There are nuances therein that no longer apply to reality as it is.

I am not lost, I have not come from anyway, and I am not going anywhere. I am as the Thicket is. I have always been and will continue to be. I am not the Thicket though, nor am I different than it.

I have no feet that take me down a path. I am as the path is. The landscape is crooked with the marking thereof. I am nothing and everything all at once; everywhere and nowhere. I am neither being nor no-being.

Neither thicket nor path, neither lost nor found, neither being nor no-being!

I think though, I will hold it close, it is a well that has and will continue to do the things that such does do. ;)

Boidh Se!
-SM

“Lost in a thicket bare-foot upon a thorned path.”

No comments: