Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Walking Along a Path

I recently read a blog by Lazarus K, “Why Not Ganymede?” over at Where We Speed and it got me to thinking. I wrote the below not in response to his situation, answer, or the person he encountered. It is a musing that his blog sparked in regards to each person traveling their own path.

I am on a path; it twists, turns, has dips, hills, potholes, places of beauty, and difficult terrain. Likewise, you are on a path; and it twists, turns, has dips, hills, potholes, places of beauty, and difficult terrain. As I am not on your path, it is not my place to speak of what is underfoot. Nor can I compare my path against yours. Surely I think my path is the best… the best for me that is. I say this with the bias of the perspective from standing upon my path. I know no other; nor can I. In the end, each path, yours and mine, are equal in weight, each is the measure of divinity as it is manifested and expressed through a life. So walk your path, and I mine, and maybe on occasion we will learn from one another about the different twists, turns, dips, hills, potholes, places of beauty, and difficult terrain that each of us has travel through, while holding up the validity of each experience. After all, each path is the path of the Gods as we live them.

Boidh se!

-Spanish Moss

"Lost in a thicket bare-footed upon a thorned path."

No comments: