Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Toasting the Gods/Goddesses

I don’t often have dreams that I consider to be of any real significance. Rarely do I remember my dreams, but on those few occasions when one stands out, it is normally due to it being important or having a spiritual message.

Recently, I had a message given to me in a dream. It is a really simple one, “Toast the Gods when you do something mundane that is theirs.”

Everything, whether it is profane or spiritual, has a connection to the Gods and Goddesses. Everything! In those moments that are less focused directly upon their worship we tend to push them to the back of our mind, even when engaging in an activity that is directly of one of the Gods or Goddesses for whom one might be a devotee.

When engaging in any mundanity (mundane + activity) pause and purposefully, with full intent, turn the mind towards Deity and literally say a honorific salute, just as one would as if toasting someone at a formal dinner. Allow that instant to bridge the realms and be a gateway to the Gods and or Goddesses.

Boidh se!

-Spanish Moss

"Lost in a thicket bare-footed upon a thorned path."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BOIDH SE! THANK YOU! I RAISE MY CHALICE!