Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sign Post

Wake from the Crossroads of the mind and still facing the Dreaming Road with one foot in the Twilyte Realms, a place that is not a place and a time that is not a time, and the other upon the sovereign soil of here.

If you look up and read the sign post there, what will you learn? What do you see written? Perhaps the whispering winds from a hidden province will speak of silent truths.

Why is it when offered a taste of the knowledge, from the tree of life, do we only desire the fruit? What if life offers the secrets from a bite of bark? Do we recognize it for what it is and sample a nibble or are we too focused upon the sweet and juicy prizes in the boughs above?

These are the questions I face for when I woke from my night time travels I found stuck there in my mind a lapwing calling from the maze, "I will show you the way."

Old lessons tell me not to the heed call but to turn and see the truth the other way.

So I continue to muse and reflect upon what I saw on that post when I woke, "No one wants to take a bite of the tree behind you."

Boidh se!
-Spanish Moss

"Lost in a thicket bare-footed upon a thorned path."

No comments: